Archer TX50E connects to 5ghz but cannot reach AX speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-04 14:12:48 - last edited 2020-12-04 14:15:03
Model: Archer TX50E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 21.10.1.2

I just installed this yesterday, but could not for the life of me reach anywhere near 802.11AX speeds. I would top out at 350mbps *maybe*. This morning I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled straight from the website and now it can't get above 200mbps. On other devices, I'm getting higher speeds, and when hardwired I get the full gigabit I pay for.

Edit: I've connected to both the 2.4 and 5ghz networks my Archer AX10 router is hosting, and both top out at the same speed. I've verified through the local configuration that my PC is connected to the 5ghz band (when it is). 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer TX50E connects to 5ghz but cannot reach AX speeds
2020-12-04 19:04:26

@baharms 

Try the latest drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/-Wi-Fi-6-AX200

The TX50E is based on the AX200 chipset.

With respect to the AX10, only the 5G has AX speeds, so I would focus on that network band. Other things to modify is the width, and channels, trying various combinations, and looking at the link speed to see if that improves. 

During the testing, make sure to have other features not enabled such as parental controls or QoS.

Options
2020-12-04 19:48:49

@Tony  thanks,

I've tried the latest drivers before, but I gave it another shot just now. I uninstalled the device (so I was disconnected from the internet) and installed them again and gave it a fresh reboot. After a few minutes of waiting to be sure the connection was absolutely ready, I tested again and got ~400-450mbps. 

But testing again, it was back down to 300mbps and sometimes dips lower. 

I'm unsure how changing the router settings would help as my phone and laptop (both AC) top out at 400mbps. Regardless, I tried several options, making sure the adapter's advanced settings matched so everything would connect up.  Still, the speed waivers between 200 and 400 mbps.

Blake

Options
2020-12-07 17:20:38

I can't seem to get it to work, so I'm going to return it and try another brand.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1303

Replies: 3

Related Articles