Totally new to MESH, M4s in box waiting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 10:51:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

OK i have my M4s and am ready to go and install BUT before that I have a question.

My router (supplied by ISP) can be set as a router or as just a modem.

Currently it is in router mode and that's the WiFi that i use and also the WiFi i want to improve with the M4s.

I have lots of devices that connect to my WiFi so want to keep my original SSID and password on all the nodes of my MESH, so I don't have to change all my passwords on all my devices.

How do i do that?

Do I switch to modem mode or stay on router mode when I initially set the MESH system up?

Thank you for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Totally new to MESH, M4s in box waiting
2020-12-16 18:53:29

@Speedbird1 

As you set up the Deco during the process you will set up the network name and password, and it will be in router mode in the end. During the setup, you can make the Deco network and password the same as your existing network. Other users have mentioned that when trying a similar setup, not all devices automatically connected over. In that case, you will need to forget the network and reconnect back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1

Related Articles