Bad internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bad internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bad internet speed
Bad internet speed
2020-12-18 03:53:17
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Team,

i have purchased archer 7 router for home wifi . Currently i am having 200 mbps speed through my service provider but router is giving only 5 mbps. Though it was working fine for a week but now suddenly reduced drastically. Please suggest what setting to change and check

Options
3 Reply
Re:Bad internet speed
2020-12-18 12:49:30
When ever I have internet issues, I always power off the modem, router, and Ethernet connected PCs, wait a bit, power up the modem, wait for it to stabilize, then power up the router, wait for it to stabilize, then power up the connected PCs and retest. Many times that corrects the issue. If I still have a speed issue, I bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem (power cycle both) and test the speed to ensure it is not the modem or ISP that has the issue. If the test speed is okay, reattach the router and debug it.
Options
2020-12-24 02:09:23

@Justin87 

I've noticed since the previous firmware update, I'm having to reboot my Archer A7 every day. It is constantly dropping download speeds down to 1mbps or less! After rebooting, it shoots back up to my ISP speed of 200+ mbps. I didn't have this many issues until the previous firmware update (not the latest one that included a USB fix, the one before) was installed. I'd turn on the automatic reboot, but it happens randomly throughout the day. 

Has anyone else using the Archer A7 noticed anything similar? I just bought this router earlier this year! It's also on an open shelf, so airflow isn't an issue. 

Options
2020-12-24 12:03:27

@Tachycardigan 

You probably should have started a new thread. Slightly different from the original post, and that way more people would see it with a different subject. I see it is your first post here, but that is usually a better way to get people to see your problem and assist. Tagging onto a prior one that isn't exactly the same problem could reduce the number of people that see it.

If you searched this forum, you might have found this one, https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/207834

Might not be exact to your problem, but I'd do as suggested there. As was stated last, if the reset doesn't fix it, contact Support is a good suggestion.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 3

Related Articles