Avoiding Using Huawei Home WiFi Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-18 10:42:56

I recently had a Huawei WiFi home router installed in my apartment. Using another company was not an option, so I am stuck with Huawei which I don't trust when it comes to network security. Is there a way for my home network traffic to bypass the Huawei router even though I still need this router to connect to the internet? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Avoiding Using Huawei Home WiFi Router
2020-12-18 12:38:28
Some more info would be helpful for someone to help you. Who is the ISP? What model Huawei do you have? You say using another company is not an option I assume you mean the ISP. Does that ISP allow you to use your own modem and router or gateway? If so, the ISP may require specific brands and models for Gateway or modem. Most ISPs control the software on the modem/gateway. You could use a VPN on your devices as that would prevent them tracking you.
Options