Deco M5 crashing/rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-29 17:03:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

I have three Deco M5s, which are set up as a router and the main one is connected directly to my VDSL modem.  This has been stable since I got it a couple of months ago but the past few days the Deco system seems to "crash" several times each day.  The two additional units will show flashing red LED, the main one (connected to the modem) shows a solid red or orange LED.  After a few minutes this will usually resolve itself.  The network status LEDs on the modem still look OK when the Decos are not working.

Like a lot of people just now my wife and I both work from home so we need this to be stable all the time, any help gratefully received.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M5 crashing/rebooting
2021-03-05 16:28:28

@NiallPorter I have started to experience same issue. I have had demo M5 now about 2 years but only having this problem since the latest deco update

NiallPorter wrote

I have three Deco M5s, which are set up as a router and the main one is connected directly to my VDSL modem.  This has been stable since I got it a couple of months ago but the past few days the Deco system seems to "crash" several times each day.  The two additional units will show flashing red LED, the main one (connected to the modem) shows a solid red or orange LED.  After a few minutes this will usually resolve itself.  The network status LEDs on the modem still look OK when the Decos are not working.

Like a lot of people just now my wife and I both work from home so we need this to be stable all the time, any help gratefully received.

Options
2021-03-05 16:32:20
I am having firmware 1.5.3 20210203 rel 68233 and se version 2.4.30
Options
2021-05-05 19:26:02

@Sami_74 I am having same issues here. 

It appears no one have the answer to this problem.

Options
2021-09-02 03:44:55

@Sami_74   @Arielvtpma @NiallPorter 

Hi, Thanks for all your time and patience.

Did the same issue still exist?

Options
2021-09-07 16:07:58

@NiallPorter - sending this to whomever will respond as I am having this same issue.  NEVER had an issue with this crashing and rebooting until March.  Matter of fact I purchased a new cable modem becuase I thought that was the issue.  Several times per day the WiFi system needs to be rebooted causing constant work stopages as do I work form home.  This is so frustrating that I am ready to go spend much more money on a Mesh system that doesn't constantly crash.  My ISP says it isn't them, and for once I actually believe them! Spectrum says it is "WiFi Interference and I should change the channel"  funny thing is it wasn't until that conversation that I realized that you can't even do that they don't have the functionality!

Options
2021-09-08 01:37:52 - last edited 2021-09-08 01:38:14

@Jamie716 

Hi, Were you trying to say Deco is auto restarting themselves randomly?

Or the internet connection on Deco is not stable, crashes sometimes, and you have to manually reboot the Deco to get the connection back?

If it is the second case, would any Deco turn red when the internet dropped out?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1926

Replies: 6

Related Articles