Slave Deco Source Signal Strength

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 12:10:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

New user here. I have a three-level home. My cable comes in to the basement, so my modem and main deco are placed there. I then placed slave Decos on the first and second floor, which indicate the basement Deco is the signal source. So far my family is happy with our WiFi speeds. 

Question: in the app, the slave decos' source signal strength is at the lowest bar. Should I be concerned about this? Should I move the decos around to make it stronger?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slave Deco Source Signal Strength
2021-01-07 18:37:24

@4gdad 

Should be fine as long as that Deco is not periodically showing a red LED meaning it is getting no connection from any Deco. I would probably move them around to see if you do get an improvement. If you end up making things worse, you can put them back where they were. Generally, you want them in an area where they are not enclosed as they do get really warm, and the least obstacles (walls, electronics, metal, etc.).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 542

Replies: 1

Related Articles