Ad-blocking on Deco?

Ad-blocking on Deco?
Ad-blocking on Deco?
2021-01-21 09:02:56 - last edited 2021-02-01 21:28:25
Model: Deco P7
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Pop-up windows, multiple flashing ads, the list goes on and really, every person that surfs the web has encountered at least a single occurrence when they had to close multiple small windows to actually manage to read the content.

Earlier I used ASUS RT-AC87U. After we moved to a big house, I bought a Deco P7. I advised my friends in Ukraine, Germany and US to buy Deco M5 and Deco P9.

All ASUS RT-AC models have the Trend Micro antivirus function in the firmware, as well as Ad-Block from a third party manufacturer, which can be turned on or off at will. It is very comfortable. No need to install additional software on all laptops and smartphones. Advertising traffic is filtered at the router level.

It would be great if TP-Link did something like this in incredible Deco.

Is TP-Link planning to include AdBlock function in future Deco firmware updates?

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Ad-blocking on Deco?-Solution
2021-01-25 16:35:42 - last edited 2021-02-01 21:28:25

@Tigra.UA 

Thank you for your suggestion. I will forward that for consideration.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Replies
Re: Ad-blocking on Deco?-Solution
2021-01-25 16:35:42 - last edited 2021-02-01 21:28:25

@Tigra.UA 

Thank you for your suggestion. I will forward that for consideration.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re: Ad-blocking on Deco?
2021-02-01 17:02:47

@Tigra.UA 

I have a raspberry pi zero running Pi-Hole to block ads on my network. Raspberry pi zero's are cheap and the software is free. Works for all devices on my network, phones, laptops, tablets. It has an administrative web page to allow control and monitor it's status. I assigned it a fixed IP address and set the Deco to use that IP address as the DNS server when Deco assigns DHCP addresses to clients.

https://docs.pi-hole.net/

Options
Re: Ad-blocking on Deco?
2021-02-01 21:29:12

Don.M wrote

@Tigra.UA 

I have a raspberry pi zero running Pi-Hole to block ads on my network. Raspberry pi zero's are cheap and the software is free. Works for all devices on my network, phones, laptops, tablets. It has an administrative web page to allow control and monitor it's status. I assigned it a fixed IP address and set the Deco to use that IP address as the DNS server when Deco assigns DHCP addresses to clients.

https://docs.pi-hole.net/

@Don.M There are too many unknowns :)

Options