M9+ Parental controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M9+ Parental controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M9+ Parental controls
M9+ Parental controls
2021-02-02 19:43:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased the M9+ and started to configure the parental controls.  I'm currently a FIOS customer and utilized their parental controls prior to switching over to the M9+.

One of the features within my fios app parental controls is the ability to block/allow sites to override existing standard categories (gaming, social media, etc).  Can this feature please be added to the Deco line?

The use case is the ability to allow standard categories to be used within parental controls, but if a particular website within one of the standard categories needs to be accessed, it can be added to the Apps/Websites section with either a block/allow switch.  If a single or few websites need to be added for a small period of time, they can be toggled on/off without needing to remove an entire category and opening up all of the sites contained within.

This feature worked very well within the My FIOS app and hopefully a similar feature can be added to the Deco one.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:M9+ Parental controls
2021-02-03 15:51:08

@pinggolf 

Thank you for the feature request.

You can try to visit https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/

Lookup a website, and then put in a request to recategorize a site.

Options
Re:M9+ Parental controls
2021-02-03 16:43:26

@Tony 

Thank you Tony.  Unfortunatley, that doesn't solve the problem of specifcally allowing a website if it's blocked quickly.  Ideally, it would benefical if the Apps/Websites section within the Parental Controls for a profile allowed the ability to override a block by allowing it.

Here's an example from the My Fios app parental controls to illustrate the feature many parents would appreciate being added to the Deco app.

The first screenshot shows the ability to add an exception to a profile of devices.

The second screenshot below allows the user to toggle access on or off to a particular website.  Currently the Deco app only allows the addition of blocking individual websites.  There's no option to specifcally allow an idividual website.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 2

Related Articles