Deco M9Plus + Xfinity XFi issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-24 17:15:54
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

I recently upgraded to xFi from using my own modem and now experience a range of issues.

Initial Configuration:

xFi Gateway set to bridge mode, wifi broadcast turned off

Deco M9Plus physically plugged into gateway. Operating in router mode.

Con: The issue is that connecting the other 2 Decos have become my worst nightmare. I have removed, rebooted, and reset all of the devices multiple times. When I do get the correct order to getting all of the decos connected, it seems the others randomly lose connection. If one of the devices reboot, it's back to the drawing board. To top if off, my daughters iPhones won't connect and get the every so detailed "cannot connect" error. It's becoming a full time job of reseting, removing, adding each device. Frustrating!

What I've tried:

1. I tried calling xfinity. They just said they would ship me a new gateway and didn't offer any explaination. I asked for root cause, they said they could ship me a new device. It's on it's way and will be here in 3 days.

While I wait for the UPS shipment, I have also tried:

1. Changing the gateway back to router mode. Leaving deco in router mode.

Pro: We can connect to the main deco.

Con: I cannot connect any of the other mesh devices. They just blink blue and the app says it cannot find them.

2. Changing the gateway to router. Setting deco to Access Point. 

Pro: Nothing

Con: We cannot connect to the deco at all.

2. Changing the gateway to router. Changing deo to Access Point. Setting the DMZ on the gateway for the router IP.

Pro: Nothing

Con: We cannot connect to the deco at all. Also the gateway doesn't allow me to assign a static IP so it's kinda pointless.

At this point we have both devices setup as routers and it's my understing that can cause NAT issues. I don't feel this is an ideal setup. Plus, I can only have one deco connected at a time. I really like and need the decos to extend the internet throughout my house. I'm not a fan of the xFi gateway but it gives me unliminted internet. It would seem that these 2 devices should work in cooperation with each other. We can't all work in our living room, which is why I purchased the mesh devices. Any advice is MUCH appreciated!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9Plus + Xfinity XFi issues
2021-02-26 23:17:56

@SashaR 

In router mode, the satellite units will rely on the main Deco having an internet connection. Should the issue be happening, I would check to see if the LED of the main Deco is red. If so, that may be why the network is going down.

Your ISP may have noticed service interruptions from the modem which could be why they want to replace it.

What you can also try is to swap the main Deco with another to see if the main Deco unit is causing any network issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2360

Replies: 1

Related Articles