Mixing Deco M9Plus v1 and v2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-17 13:03:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727

I purchased a 2 Pack of Deco M9's about a year ago and they have been working reasonably ok. If I'm honest, I expected better.

But anyway, I have installed Ring floodlight cameras outside and one of the them was receiving a poor wifi signal so I purchased another Deco M9 Plus node (single pack). It arrived today and I have added it to network.

I can now see that my existing nodes are v1 of the hardware and the new node is v2. There are no firmware upgrades available according to the App and Web UI.

Unbelievably, the new node has less functionality that my older nodes. I cannot see what devices are currently connected to the new node and therefore cannot disable mesh technology for the Ring floodlight camera. I also cannot see what devices are connected to the new node.

I'm seriously regretting not purchasing a better mesh network technology instead of sticking with Deco and extending it. This really is not good enough.

When can I expect a firmware upgrade for the M9Plus v2 hardware to bring it in line with the older hardware?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mixing Deco M9Plus v1 and v2
2020-06-18 19:54:09

@JohnMcAvinue 

The v1 was released earlier this month so hopefully, the v2 will be out soon after, but there is no definitive date.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 1