Archer T4U v3 keeps disconnecting and has slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 13:14:29
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hey all. I have been having this issue with my adapter, and I bought it yesterday. First off, right after I plugged in for the first time I went ahead and downloaded the drivers from the website. They were successfully installed but with that driver I had 1/6 of the speed of the generic windows one, so I rolled back. Today, I've been having a lot of problems, from instability to slow speeds to just downright disconnects. I can hear the USB disconnecting sounds, which prompts me to just wait a few seconds until it restores connection, or just unplugging and plugging it back in. However, this was not a cheap adapter and I chose a relatively expensive one because I wanted to have full speeds to be able to play online games and video calls. It is still under warranty (it has a 3 year warranty) so I can just return it. I have read a couple of other threads, and installed 3 different drivers (BETAs), all of them have the same problem and it is kind of surprising because Windows' default one has better speeds, but even with it it keeps disconnecting. I want to know if I have any other options or if I should just return it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 0