Custom Site Blocking in Parental Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-18 22:08:39
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.53

How can i block sites not on the dropdown?

For instance, Discord is not listed but i'd like to block it

Can you add specific sites/address to the block list?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Custom Site Blocking in Parental Control
2021-05-24 22:59:41

@Alepoc 

What you can try to do is look at the insights section and tap on a URL related to discord and select to block it. To find the insights section go to the parental controls where it shows various information such as the number of devices, and you will see the link for it there.

Options
2021-09-12 15:55:47

@Tony This is a good way.  I found Discord shown as gateway.discord.gg in Insights although it appears as discord.com in web browser. I blocked from Insights.  However, it worked for 2 days and then doesn't work again.  The kid can get access again.

Options
2021-09-13 05:50:47

@margosa 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

Did you test both the webpage and APP of discord?

Since we tested on our side, the webpage of Discord could be blocked but not the APP.

Could you please try to clear the DNS caches and put the browser into incognito mode and change again?

Options
2021-09-15 03:44:08

@TP-Link 

Discord APP block never worked. (I don't care about APP much since the kid can connect to it with data plan if it is blocked by wifi, but I don't let them have the phone all the time.)

I am trying to block discord webpage because they get distracted when they are working at PCs.  I typed "discord.com" into Filtered Content - APPS/Websites, but it never worked.  Someone mentioned going to Insights and looking for discord there to block.  It worked for one or two days and now it doesn't work again.

How did it work on your side? What did you put in Filtered Content?

Thank you.

Options
2021-09-16 07:34:12

@margosa 

I did not make any special settings.

Since you mentioned this website has been blocked for 1-2 days, it stopped working after that.

I did not test it for a long time and maybe that is the problem.

I would like to follow up on your case by email so that I could forward your case to the senior engineers.

Please have a check of your email box.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 523

Replies: 5