Archer C6 router "Invalid RSA Public Key" error.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-19 11:35:52
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

ARCHER C6 - AC1200 router getting "Invalid RSA public key" error

Hello.

I went to make some login changes to my AC1200 router but every time I try to login an "Invalid RSA public key" error pops up and I am unable to login. No recent FW changes. Tried different browsers, PC's, laptops on Win 7, 8 and 10, smartphones both apple and android. Tried manually rebooting the router too. Cannot seem to find anything online. Even did a reset but still same error. Even cleared the browser history, cookies and all. Everything failed.

Any other solutions ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 router "Invalid RSA Public Key" error.
2021-10-08 00:17:15 - last edited 2021-10-08 00:17:34

@deepak2112 

I have this issue too but unlike your problem, it only happens on one computer and it doesn't matter what browser I use. Seems a few other users have this issue only on one device like I do. No official solution has been put forward as far as I know. Very disappointing that TPlink hasn't offered any response to this.

If I cold boot the router (C7) then I can login as normal just using my existing password. After sometime (I haven't determined how long) it reverts to the prompt that I have to create an administrator password and even if I try any word I get the invalid RSA public key error. If I try from another computer at anytime I can log in without issue. I can also login using the Tether app at anytime also. So, it seems to be PC (or probably MAC address) related. It would be good if there was response from TPLink support about how to resolve this issue.

Options
2021-10-11 09:50:05

@Quixy  @deepak2112 

Hi, the tech team was made aware of your issue. They will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue.

Options
2022-01-30 17:19:01

I'm getting the same error too

Already cleared browsers cache

anyone solved this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1630

Replies: 3

Related Articles