Cannot attach my RE650 Range Extender to my Spectrum WiFi 6 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-08 20:10:10
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Had to replace my router due to a power surge caused by a lighning strike close by. Spectrum provided me with the Spectrum WiFi 6 Router. All my devices within range are connected and working fine. However, I have a zone where it is difficult to get a connection. Previously, I had purchased the RE650 Range Extender for this area. I cannot get the Range Extender to attach to the new Router. I have tried the mobile Tether app, I've done a factory reset to the extender...nothing seems to be able to find the Router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot attach my RE650 Range Extender to my Spectrum WiFi 6 Router
2021-07-12 06:14:46

@hahagerHello, 

Was RE650 able to detect router 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi signal from the new router or WiFi signals from neighbors? 

If RE650 cold detect other wifi, but not WiFi6 router, you could change router's wireless mode to 802.11 ac/ 802.11n ( turn off WiFi 6 or 802.11ax) and see if that helps. 

If still the same issue, please check the Spectrum router bottom label and let me know the exact model, and share with us photos of the wifi settings on your new router, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 906

Replies: 1