Poor performance with X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-16 15:30:00
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I took back a competitor's product because its three tower mesh system performed worse than just using the router my cable company gave me. I was super pleased with the X90 setup; I had a hiccup with the second unit, but it had paired on its own before I got to that step, so I can't really complain. The issue is that my speeds are terrible. Using the cable gateway, I was pulling 200Mbps in my office, and my kids were pulling half that in their bedrooms. Using the X90, I'm pulling 33Mbps in my office. The kids are doing better, but the second unit is helping that. Before, there was just the gateway feeding the whole house. 

setup: Xfinity 1200Mbps down, 35Mbps up

XB7 gateway has wireless turned off
redline 2.5Gb port to 2.5Gb switch with MoCA 2.5 adapter (2.5Gb ports) and main Deco unit using 2.5Gb port

all gigabit items go into the XB7 gigabit ports

Cat8 cables everywhere multigigabit is in use

downstairs has the other Deco unit with a gigabit switch on the gigabit port; wired MoCA backhaul; Decos are in AP mode since the XB7 is doing the routing. 

I'm not pulling nearly the speed of my Nest WiFi with three routers even though this is a WiFi 6 system with more 2.5Gb connections in play.

Any ideas? I really like this system and want it to work, but I can't spend this money to have worse performance. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Poor performance with X90
2021-07-19 05:50:06

@The_Shanester 

Hi, is the network topology like this:

ISP—Xfinity B7 gateway(router mode with Wi-Fi off)---MoCA adapter====MoCA adapter---main Deco X90(AP mode)—MoCA adapter====MoCA adapter—downstairs Deco X90;

The issue is: the speed you used to get from Xfinity is around 200m/s, not via Deco X90, it is only 33m/s

Have you tested the Ethernet speed from the main Deco X90?

Would turning off the 2.4ghz and Leaving the 5ghz only improve the speed a little bit?

Thank you.

Options
Re:Poor performance with X90
2021-07-21 23:30:06

@The_Shanester 

I've been able to get 800mb down on my 800mb xFinity plan. My units are wired for backhaul so I get about the same speed on the satelite unit.

Sorry for your troubles.

Lou

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 942

Replies: 2