How to setup Deco X20 for Maxis Fibre (July 2021)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-25 06:01:22 - last edited 2021-08-11 03:27:22
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20210607 Rel. 48989

OK. I try to make tutorials in English. don't mind if the grammar is incorrect.

Below are my steps on how to set up fiber; you may follow wizard, both are the same to put information

there are 2 setups on how to add new mesh after Huawei unifi modem

SETUP 1: so for this step, it is very straightforward, youtube is also available. just choose DYNAMIC IP, then you are good to go

SETUP 2: my tutorial is more to this setup. i had a hard time setting it, but in the end, it is worth it. so, maxis make an update for username and password. previously, maxis use the number only for modemID, and for the password, the consumer needs to put +1 just after the modemID. but, for newly registered maxis fiber, no need to put anything. just use the modemID

1) make sure you have prepared your username and password. if not, you can get from maxis.

username: AXXXXXX@home.maxis.com.my

password: AXXXXXX

*AXXXXXX: modemID (i also get the modemID from registered email for maxis fiber)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an example if you are an older version of maxis fibre subscriber (username and password)

username: XXXXXX@home.maxis.com.my

password: XXXXXX1

*XXXXXX: modemID

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) be sure, for lan wire to go to LAN 2:MAXIS (specially dedicated for maxis fiber)

3) so now, move on to deco apps, go to advance, and seek for IPv4 (just the same path, if from the wizard, you need to select PPPoE)

4) from this PPPoE tab, you need to key-in all this information about username and password (as we discussed from No.1)

5) and now, we move on to (still from deco apps) Advance > IPTV/VLAN: we will set VLAN ID 621 utk maxis fiber. i use custom to set for VLAN ID. I'm not using Malaysia-Maxis 1 as im not going to use VLAN ID tagging 823 for IPTV.

actually, for this setting, it is a try and error; and eventually, this setting is up and running. if you may notice, at the back of DECO X20, there are 2 LAN ports, I named: DECO LAN 1 dan DECO LAN 2.
DECO LAN 1: this is the one I set as VLAN ID 621 for maxis fiber
DECO LAN 2: not going to set any VLAN ID tagging, as I want to use this DECO LAN 2 for computer/router/switch

6) If we put all the information is correct; (from deco apps) go to Advance > IPv4, a below information will be shown (obviously from the picture attached is fake, so you may refer to yours. this information is auto-generated, it is not something we can key in manually (DNS maybe can, but not sure. you can try). with all this information is correctly key-in, suppose DECO X20 led will be in green color.

If the information is incorrect, or something is missing; DECO X20 led will be in red color.

THE END.

Suppose, your deco is up and running, and this deco will act as the main router, replacing previous router huawei by maxis.

NOTE: If for example, if you upgrade your speed, kindly hard reset your router (push the reset button at the bottom of router for 10 seconds)

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to setup Deco X20 for Maxis Fibre (July 2021)
2021-07-26 03:06:19

@dzy 

Excellent!!! and thank you very much.

And if you choose from the built-in ISP profiles, you would also see there are Maxis 1 and Maxis 2 as well as Malaysia TM Unify;

Options
2021-09-10 13:06:09

@dzy 

Hi. Nice job.

Can i knw if i still ned use tel lan. Can i put in Huawei unifi modem?

Options
2021-09-11 22:13:58

GENYAP wrote

@dzy 

Hi. Nice job.

Can i knw if i still ned use tel lan. Can i put in Huawei unifi modem?

@GENYAP im so sorry, not sure what you mean. Would love to help, but could you elaborate any further? Like picture or something to visualise it?

Options
2021-09-14 10:38:38

@dzy SRY. I mean if i follow ur step. Telephone line Lan1 still can use? 

Options
2021-09-14 16:55:14 - last edited 2021-09-14 17:09:14

@GENYAP I guess, you are referring to, telephone line, Phone 1 at the back Maxis router?

SETUP 2: since DECO only have 2 port of LAN, nope. The telephone line won't work with DECO. as DECO doesn't has any dedicated port for a phone line.

SETUP 1: but, you still can achieve (to use the phone line), if follow this setup. you may disable wifi from maxis router, and solely use wifi from deco. just make sure to set different LAN IP for both routers, then you may access both router via the webpage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last time, when I spoke with the maxis technician, the telephone line, is preconfigured to maxis-huawei-modem, not to unifi-huawei-modem (ONU modem). during my maxis fiber installation, this unifi-huawei-modem (ONU modem) is not fully configure well, so maxis technician needs to ask for unifi technician to come by, and reconfigured the unifi-huawei-modem (ONU modem). so, I believe that unifi-huawei-modem (ONU modem) can only be configured by unifi-tm only.

Options
2021-09-14 19:24:01

@dzy I m using SETUP 1 d. I took got other way to over maxis router. Maybe wait new deco x20DSL but pricing🤔🤔🤔 hehe....

Bro thank so much 😉....

Options
2021-09-14 23:57:01

GENYAP wrote

@dzy I m using SETUP 1 d. I took got other way to over maxis router. Maybe wait new deco x20DSL but pricing🤔🤔🤔 hehe....

Bro thank so much 😉....

@GENYAP you are welcome. but, why stopping here, you can consult with maxis customer service and ask them if it is possible to set unifi-huawei-modem (ONU) for the telephone line.

there is a tutorial via youtube: Cara Setting ONU HUAWEI untuk Unifi Fiber Tm(basic setting) - YouTube

you may follow, but proceed with caution as you might wrongly set the ONU hence your fiber/internet will possibly be down.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 6675

Replies: 7

Related Articles