Slave router is much slower than primary router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-31 03:48:27
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20210526 Rel. 50360

My Deco x90 primary unit provides speeds of 400-450 mbps whereas my slave unit only reaches 200-225 mbps.  The house is only 2500-2800 sq feet and the two units are on two different floors but not that far apart; they are almost on top of each other.  I was expecting to have the 400-450 speed throughout the house but that is not the case.  Is it to be expected for the slave to be half the speed of the primary?  Thanks for any feedback.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slave router is much slower than primary router.
2021-08-03 02:54:46

@WilliamWallace 

Hi

If the 2nd Deco X90 is wirelessly connected to the main Deco X90, it would work as a wireless extender and the speed would not be as good as the main x90.

And here are some tips you could have a check:

1. Temporarily unplug and the 2nd X90 and test on your smartphone at the same place to check how much speed you could get.

2. It is not recommended to put the 2nd X90 almost top of the 1st one since the wireless signal on the vertical level is much weaker, and a 30-degree angle would be suitable.

3. Please check the signal source of the main Deco and make sure there are at least two bars.

4.If there is a wired laptop, please connect the laptop via Ethernet cable to the 2nd X90 and check how much speed is on the laptop.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-03 03:59:03

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the response.

I will test #1 tomorrow (it's too late tonight).

Re #2 - the two are not right on top of each other - it's more like  50-60 degree angle with them being on opposite walls one floor apart - so should be ok on that point.

Re #3 - not sure how to check the signal source for at least 2 bars. Please advise.

#4 - my son's gaming system is attached with a cat 7 ethernet cable to the satellite x90 and the speed ranges from 215-270 mbps.  I usually get 430-455 mbps (wireless) on my laptop connected to the main x90.

Robert

Options
2021-08-04 01:59:51

@WilliamWallace 

Hi, Thanks for the update, and as for how to check the signal source, please refer to the following pictures:

click the middle internet global on the APP and choose the specific satellite Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 3