Deco M4 system logs - repeating entries and lost connection, high CPU usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-03 10:15:27
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210511 Rel. 34580

Hi all, 

Looking for some help please with some error logs.  I was drawn to check the logs, following some issues on a device which is losing connection regularly, and causing stuttering video.  (Sky Q box).  No other devices are suffering noticeable issues.

I have no idea how to interpret these, so help is appreciated.  So far I've tried deleting the network and resetting all Decos.  They're running most up to date firmware.

To summarise the symptoms:

• the device which is having issues seems to be losing connection regularly enough to affect performance.
  • No changes to LEDs are visible on the Deco
  • The main deco router has spikes in very high CPU usuage, sometimes up to 100% - so something is causing a strain
  • Reviewing the logs, there are multiple entries every minute which is a concern.  combination of errors, warnings and information
  • IPV6 disabled
  • IPTV / VLAN disabled
  • UPNP enabled
  • IGMP disabled
  • WAN unicast disabled

Link to the latest log is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgr0y50worzs4kk/log-2021-08-03.log?dl=0

Any help appreciated.  Some log excerpts are copied below:

Tue Aug  3 08:15:10 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.251 is Local Network Control Block
Tue Aug  3 08:15:10 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.251 is Local Network Control Block
Tue Aug  3 08:15:15 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[25228]: sendto(udp_notify=12, [::86d8:1bff:fe3e:f090]): Network is unreachable
Tue Aug  3 08:15:15 2021 daemon.err miniupnpd[25228]: sendto(udp_notify=12, [::86d8:1bff:fe3e:f090]): Network is unreachable
Tue Aug  3 08:15:15 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.251 is Local Network Control Block
Tue Aug  3 08:15:16 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.251 is Local Network Control Block
Tue Aug  3 08:15:23 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[mcast_is_ex_hander@41]: Group 239.255.255.250 Group Compatibility Modeis lesser than IGMPV3
Tue Aug  3 08:15:23 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.251 is Local Network Control Block
Tue Aug  3 08:15:24 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.251 is Local Network Control Block
Tue Aug  3 08:15:26 2021 user.err IMPROXY: ERROR[send_igmp_mld_query@293]: sendto failed

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 system logs - repeating entries and lost connection, high CPU usage
2021-08-04 01:47:19

@Obtc101 

Hi,

Was Sky Q the only device that lost connection regularly?

Was it connected via Ethernet cable to the main Deco, or by Wi-Fi?

Except for the Sky Q main box, is there any mini box?

If only the Sky Q box had the unstable issue, there are many similar posts on the Sky Q community and the most recommended solution is to wire the Sky Q box via Ethernet cable to the main router.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Archive/SkyQ-interferes-with-Internet-causing-slowdown-and-latency-A-Solution/td-p/3426123/page/13

Options
2021-08-04 08:15:56

TP-Link wrote

@Obtc101 

Hi,

If only the Sky Q box had the unstable issue, there are many similar posts on the Sky Q community and the most recommended solution is to wire the Sky Q box via Ethernet cable to the main router.

https://community.sky.com/t5/Archive/SkyQ-interferes-with-Internet-causing-slowdown-and-latency-A-Solution/td-p/3426123/page/13

@TP-Link 

Hello, thank you for the reply.

Hard to tell - I think the disconnections are so brief, it's only apparent by the stuttering video on the Sky Q mini but could be happening on other devices but it's too brief.  That's what drew me to the logs, which have thousands of entries, many every minute.

Sky Q mini is connected via ethernet to a Deco node (which has strong signal).  An ethernet speed test for the node confirms speed is normally 60-80mbs, from a 100mbs at main deco, so not much degradation at all.  SO it's not a speed / signal issue I think

Setup has 1 main box (connected via ethernet to main router deco).  2 minis connected via ethernet to nodes.  Wifi is switched off on all sky boxes

I've been actively involved in these forums and reviewed all solutions and tried them all.  All my sky products are hard wired by ethernet and WIFI is switched off on all boxes.  I've also tried the deco in AP mode, and it made it worse.

Please can you comment on the error logs which have thousands of entried, and high CPU usage of the router which is now regularly spiking to 100% usage?  This seems like it's having a performance impact and something is wrong with the Deco.  

thanks

Options
2021-08-06 04:00:05

@Obtc101 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following details

Have you updated all Sky Q boxes to the latest Q1.60 firmware?

Did you also try to turn off the fast roaming/beamforming on the Deco APP?

I see that you also have Archer C7, so before you use Deco, did you have the same issue on Archer C7 or the ISP-provided router?

As for the system log, I have to say there is not much useful information about the sky Q issue, and referring to the CPU load, it has been confirmed with the engineers that it would not cause any issue if a fresh on the web UI would make it come back to the normal level.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-06 09:30:46

TP-Link wrote

@Obtc101 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following details

Have you updated all Sky Q boxes to the latest Q1.60 firmware?

Did you also try to turn off the fast roaming/beamforming on the Deco APP?

I see that you also have Archer C7, so before you use Deco, did you have the same issue on Archer C7 or the ISP-provided router?

As for the system log, I have to say there is not much useful information about the sky Q issue, and referring to the CPU load, it has been confirmed with the engineers that it would not cause any issue if a fresh on the web UI would make it come back to the normal level.

Thank you very much.

@TP-Link 

Hello, thank you for your post.  I've responded on email to the latest ticket I had created.

However for confirmation here, all Sky Q boxes have the latest firmware 1.60.  Fast roaming and beamforming are off for the Decos.  I'm still receiving disconnections.

The Archer C7 was the old router used prior to the deco M4's. It's no longer part of my network.  I did not suffer these issues with Sky Q or general disconnections before with the Archer C7.

In reference to the logs, I find it very difficult to simply ignore these. If I buy a product which is generating thousands, literally thousands of warnings and errors per day, I would return it as faulty.  Deco's own categorisation of these are errors and warnings - not mine.

High CPU usage spiking to 100% when no network activity / streaming is taking place is strange to say the least.

Ignoring the Sky Q issue briefly, if I cannot receive support on the error logs, I will need to return the product as faulty.

I'm not sure what the following sentence means, if you can clarify please "it has been confirmed with the engineers that it would not cause any issue if a fresh on the web UI would make it come back to the normal level."

Just to confirm - the CPU usage spikes, reduces, and then spikes again.  That is not normal and I find it hard to determine that it would not impact performance.

Overall, please can you confirm the action to take on the error logs and disconnections?  Latest log attached

Thank you

File:
log-2021-08-06.logDownload
Options