Please allow use of the other port with VLAN!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-03 19:47:07
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

My ISP uses VLAN tagging to discriminate the internet service from IPTV. Currently when setting up the Deco, if you use VLAN tagging on the WAN port, you cannot use the other port for the network. Since the device only has two ports, this means that no devices on your network can have a hardwired path all the way to the Internet. Please either reverse this decision or make it configurable. Otherwise I'm really happy with this router, but this is an extremely frustrating design decision.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Please allow use of the other port with VLAN!
2021-08-04 02:20:11

@beard-second 

Hi,for Deco M5, the latest firmware supports IPTV configuration on the satellite Deco.
Please refer to this link to have a look:

How to Configure IPTV function on Deco?

Options
2021-08-04 15:09:51 - last edited 2021-08-04 17:34:48

@TP-Link Thanks but this doesn't fix the problem - the issue is that I can't configure it on the main Deco, which means there are no fully-hardwired connections available anywhere else on my network. I want to be able to use the second port on the main deco for the network, even if VLAN is configured. That way I can attach a network switch and have some hardwired connections. Otherwise every computer in the network has to be on the wireless, either directly or over the wireless backhaul.

Options
2021-08-06 03:20:46

@beard-second 

Hi, Did you mean that you wish the second port on the main Deco could provide IPTV service as well as internet service at the same time?

Currently, the second port is capable of both but could only be used for either internet service or IPTV server at one time.

Previously, I think you could only use the IPTV service on the second port of main Deco, then connect the network switch to the port of satellite Deco to provide internet service for hardwired connections, or hardwired connections from the second port of main Deco, IPTV service from the satellite Deco. But it seemed not your case.

Options
2021-08-09 22:23:37

@TP-Link I do only want to use Internet on the second port, but I saw on the screenshots on the page you sent that it says you can only use the second port for IPTV. If that is no longer the case, I will try setting up the device again. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 4