cannot connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-12 23:35:11
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 modem. My old set-up is an Apple AirPort Extreme base stationn/router, and my even older set-up is an Apple AirPort Express base station/router. I can easily exchange them, without doing anything to the SURFboard except restarting it. Actually, I'm not sure that I even need to do that. I've never checked.

I just got a tp-link Deco M9 Plus mesh wi-fi system. The set-up seems easy enough, but no matter what I do and what order I reset things, or how long I keep the SURFboard unplugged before I start over, I can never get to the last stage of the set-up and successfully get an external internet connection. Of course the little red light comes on.

The wi-fi network actually is established and I can connect to it from various devices. I can even connect to it and talk to it via http://tplinkdeco.net once I'm on the network, but I really can't do anything significant. I can unplug the tp-link Deco M9 on the fly, and hook the AIrPort Extreme back up, and I'm again good to go.

For whatever reason, I cannot get to the internet with the tp-link connected to the SURFboard.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:cannot connect to internet
2021-08-13 03:04:40

@gllecarp 

Hi, here are some suggestions for you

Please go to Deco APP> More>Advanced>IPv4, and check what the IPv4 address it is.

If it is 0.0.0.0, please connect a computer via a cable to the ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 modem and check whether PC could get internet access straight away.

--It is meant to confirm the internet connection type is dynamic IP and no MAC clone is required.

If not 0.0.0.0, please change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look.

Options