Using a RE315 as an access point. Where do I enter the WiFi password?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-13 14:25:44
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 201202 Rel. 68467n

I have a RE315 that I just reconfigured as a access point. When I connected via Tether to the RE315, I was prompted for a new password (and to re-enter the password). This was not the same as the password I chose for the router (thought it could have been). I changed it to AP mode and rebooted. Was now able to connect to the AP, there was a default SSID, and I was not prompted for a password. 

When I looked in the extender confing in Tether, under the security option it said "no password". The other option is "encrypted". When I select "encrypted" the option changes from "no password"  to "password", but there is no where to enter the password.

How do I make the login password on the AP the same as the router? Where do I enter the wifi password for the AP? Is this the same as the password to access the AP/Extender? This is very confusing.

The way this should work. - When adding an AP, make the default password the same as the WiFi password for the router. It would be even better if I could use the same SSID everywhere (router and AP) and it would just work. Bonus points for being able to change the WiFi password in one place.

Thanks,

Tom

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using a RE315 as an access point. Where do I enter the WiFi password?
2021-08-16 03:36:53

@onewheeltom 

For '  When I select "encrypted" the option changes from "no password"  to "password", but there is no where to enter the password.' 

APP should allow to create a WiFi password below encrypted like the photo attached, may I have a screenshot  or a short video for your page, thank you very much. 

Please confirm Tether app is up to date, and update firmware to the latest (select hardware to download correct firmware)
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/re315/#Firmware

May I know the model and OS of your phone, and the tether APP version if the above does not help, thank you very much. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1240

Replies: 1