TL-WPA7510 KIT Connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-15 03:04:45
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V2

Just in case I don't get this resolved..is there an upgraded version of this kit? Wondering if that might be the route to go.

It was able to connect at one time magically. Have no idea why or how it finally worked. Now, having the same issues I had a couple of years ago. Plug in the adaptor...only the top led is lit...hit the pair...place the extender in the same circuit in another room...hit the pair. Something is connecting as I can sometimes access the online utility program and all appears to be ok. Shows up in the list of wifi connections. But when trying connect it eventually says SECURE NO INTERNET.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Roger

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7510 KIT Connection issues
2021-08-16 07:44:05

@dodge Hello, 

Kindly note that after they are paired in the same room (House led ON), locate the extender to another room, and it should work directly, do not need to press pair button any more at this moment May I know how many powerline unit do you have in total ? For the paring issue, it is recommended to  add extra powerline unit into existing powerline

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1081/

Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
When the Powerline Led or House Leds are on, the pairing process is done.

Options
2021-08-16 21:53:55

@dodge 

Moved both devices into the same room and confirmed that both are on the same electrical circuit. Waited aboutr10 min, then plugged the adaptor into the wall socket and pressed the pair button. It then began to blink. Then I placed the extender (10' ft away) into the wall socket and pressed the pair button. Nothing happened, so I pressed again and it started blinking. Waited until both stopped blinking and assumed at this point they were paired and operating as they should. Went on the laptop and there are both 2.4 and 5g networks on the list in addition to the 2 netgear hotspot networks. Clicked on the 5g TP network and it starts to do its thing. Eventually it once again goes to the No internet, secure thing. Same exact thing with the 2.4. Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong here...Both networks are showing up in a wifi analyzer program installed on the laptop. The 2.4 being around -20 dbm and the 5 around -40 at times.

thanks!

Roger

Options
2021-08-17 07:55:11

@dodge  Hello, 

After the pairing process, the House Leds should be ON on the both units, that means 2 units are paired. 

If House Leds are ON on power line units , you could try some suggestions here:

0> wire tp-link main adapter to the main router via cable 
1> change a different Ethernet cable between Main router and main power line adapter
2> try a different LAN port on main router. 

If still the same problem,please connect a computer to router by Ethernet cable ( same cable that main powerline adapter is using) and check do you have any Internet? Please send us a photo of the IP address on PC when wired to router. 

How many Leds are ON on the main adapter and powerline extender? 
If connected to WPA4220 the wifi adapter by WiFi or by wire, what is the IP address & Gateway on your computer? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1069

Replies: 3

Related Articles