The whole deco system didn’t work.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 16:35:09
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build20210204 Rel.50164

Newly bought a  set of 2 Deco x60 system. Installed 1st Deco as main one attached to existing router but the speed only goes max ard 60mbps despite I have a 300Mbps package. Also,the 1st deco it will not work if I turn off the 2.4GHz. Does that mean its 5Ghz is not functioning? It got worst after installing the 2nd deco as satellite.The whole WiFi system keep dropping even my gadgets are near the main Deco.  Tried multiple times of reset and swapping the decos between main vs satellite, didn't  improve and currently one of the deco now can no longer connect or add without a Lan cable. Once unplugged from Lan cable, it will not work anymore and show red blinking light. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:The whole deco system didn’t work.
2021-08-17 02:57:35 - last edited 2021-08-17 03:07:03

@HannZ 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, could you please help me confirm more details:

1.When you said “the 1st deco will not work if I turn off the 2.4GHz”, did you mean Deco would no longer broadcast 5GHz and you could not detect any wireless signal at all?

2.If you try to enable the guest network for 5ghz, would you be able to use the 5Ghz network?

3.If you put the 2nd Deco next to the main Deco, would it be able to wirelessly connect to the main Deco? if yes, could you please help me check the backhaul on the 2nd Deco, like via 2.4ghz or 2.4ghz/5ghz?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-17 05:52:22

@TP-Link 

1. Can't detect any WiFi and show red blinking light.

2. For now I have swap the second deco as my main. 
3. Since I have swap the second deco as main, the 1st deco as the slave,  the slave is showing 2.4Ghz only. 

this specific deco (1st deco) giving a lot of different issues. Line keep dropping, running 2.4 GHz, failed to  add on after reset.( only connect via Lan cable) etc. 

Options
2021-08-17 09:49:12

HannZ wrote

@TP-Link 

1. Can't detect any WiFi and show red blinking light.

--Is it tested when the first Deco worked as the satellite unit or the main unit?

--Did the new main Deco(the second Deco) start broadcasting 5ghz now, or also running 2.4ghz only?
3. Since I have swap the second deco as main, the 1st deco as the slave,  the slave is showing 2.4Ghz only. 

this specific deco (1st deco) giving a lot of different issues. Line keep dropping, running 2.4 GHz, failed to  add on after reset.( only connect via Lan cable) etc. 

@HannZ 

Could you please help me confirm the above details?

Options
2021-08-17 12:05:33

@TP-Link 

. Can't detect any WiFi and show red blinking light.

--Is it tested when the first Deco worked as the satellite unit or the main unit?

Answer: as satellite

--Did the new main Deco(the second Deco) start broadcasting 5ghz now, or also running 2.4ghz only?

answer: running  both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz

Options
2021-08-18 01:17:45

@HannZ 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

Options
2021-09-16 03:56:21

@HannZ 

Hi, I am facing the same issue as well, how to do reconfigure it ?

Options
2021-09-16 05:52:22

@dc1191 

Hi, the previous case is more likely to be caused by the broken 5Ghz wireless module on one of the satellite Deco units so a replacement has been recommended.

I see that your device is Deco M4 and could you please provide more details about your current issue?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-16 07:12:02
I sent back for warranty claim. The unit fail to connect eventho the 2.4ghz is working.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 702

Replies: 8