Recommended setup with xFi Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-17 20:47:32
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20210713 rel.82451(5553

I just upgraded to xFi Gateway cable modem (1200Mbps plan).  On my previous Comcast modem I put it in bridge mode and the AX11000 in ap mode.  I am not able to do that as of yet with my newer modem.  I am averageing between 500-700Mbps on the speed test in TPlink.  Should I be using this router in ap mode with the modem in bridge to get the speed up?  Can you advise me on the best way to run my setup to acheive the most speed out of my system?  Right now I have my modem sending out wireless and the AX11000 because that is the only way I could get it to work with the xFi Gateway modem.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Recommended setup with xFi Gateway
2021-08-18 02:28:05

@tmeist 

What is the actual speed if you test directly on a wired PC when connecting to the AX11000? If the actual speed is normal, I guess you can ignore the speetest result on the web GUI.

If the actual speed is not as good as expected, please check the QoS settings on the router by following the steps in the article, you can disable it, then monitor:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

As per how to connect the two together, you can still leave the AX11000 as a router if you want to use the advanced features such as Parental Control, while I would suggest you disable the Wi-Fi on the xFi Gateway cable modem to avoid some interference, you can leave only the AX11000 wireless on. If there is no requirement on the advanced features on the AX11000, you can try to change it into access point mode to see if you can get a better speed.

Options
Re:Recommended setup with xFi Gateway
2021-08-18 15:22:32
I will check the hardwired speed when I get home. I was in direct line of sight and less than 10 feet away. Using a 3rd party test I got better speed from the xFi which is on the other end of the house through a few walls. approx 75-100' away. I wasn't able to use "access point mode" with the newer modem. Thats what I was using previously with the modem in bridge mode. So I couldn't test that speed with the new modem. That being said, I didn't put much stock in the 3rd party speed test. I have turned off wifi on the xF1 and followed the QOS instructions you've attached. Do you have a current setup instructions if I want to try APM to check if that changes anything? Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2364

Replies: 2