wifi security settings on RE505X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-19 21:32:36
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210511 Rel.1

I have WPA2 (AES) coming from my home router. When I set up the Range Extender, it only gives me an option for WPA/WPA2 (no AES listed). When I try to connect to it the extended wifi with my iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 14.7.1) it says that the extension is weak/unsafe. Is there something I can do to make it more secure? I was under the impression that the extender would just re-broadcast my existing wifi (meaning it would re-broadcast the WPA2 with AES)...

Options
1 Reply
Re:wifi security settings on RE505X
2021-08-20 03:46:30 - last edited 2021-08-20 03:51:48

@smikula  Hello, 

RE505X should synchronize the wireless security and encryption if router is on WPA2/ WPA2 _AES.

Confirm your Tether APP is latest in APP store or Google Play if you use Tether to set up the RE,  factory reset range extender and set up again.

Confirm iPhone does not show weak security when connected on main router.

If still the same issue, may I know the model of router and can I have a photo of the wireless security settings? Can I have a photo showing weak security, do you use Web or Tether to set up the extender, thank you.

Related thread for reference:iPhone iOS14 recognizing the range extender wireless network as "weak security"

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/232218

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 659

Replies: 1