Ethernet set up RE650

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet set up RE650

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ethernet set up RE650
Ethernet set up RE650
2021-08-20 21:16:50
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I inserted the model number in the subject line since it wasn't finding it iin the drop down menu labeled "Model".  Are there any tips/tricks to setting up ethernet connection to this model?  I'm using it to connect to a Playstation4.  Connections are good on both ends and the ethernet cable was successfully tested with PC to router connection so it's viable.  Connection tests are successful until the download speed section, then fail.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet set up RE650
2021-08-25 09:51:41

@VoodooChild76  Hello, 

Sorry for the late response, may I know did you set up RE650 in the extender mode which is wirelessly connected to main router?

If you have router <wireless> RE650<Ethernet cable> PC/ PS4:

1.  Confirm PC could get internet from the range extender via cable 

2. check if PS4 works, if not, you could  try to  manually set up an IP  & gateway which are in router's IP range with the help for PS4 support. 

3. Double-check the Advanced rules on router that might affect the PS4:  like Blacklist/ Whitelist/ Access control on router

Also check if PS4 could get internet from router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 1

Related Articles