Intermittent sites won't load on iPhone+_EXT network, works fine on iPhone+main network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Intermittent sites won't load on iPhone+_EXT network, works fine on iPhone+main network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-21 18:06:56
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any help! I recently setup a new home network and am very stumped.

• About 15% of the time, when connected to WiFi, a random website will refuse to load on my iPhone, no matter which browser. It gets stuck and eventually says "could not open the page because the server stopped responding". If I try later in the day, it might work. This also happens not with just websites, but say, streaming a podcast or using the YouTube app.

• If I disconnect from the WiFi, I can instantly access the same site or stream the podcast from my iPhone over my phones cellular/4G LTE network.

• The same exact thing happens to my roommates iPhone as well.

• I have simultaneously tested accessing a site on my laptop PC connected to the same Wifi network, and it will load on the PC, but not the iPhone. I have noticed more "cannot connect to site" during general browsing on my laptop that seem to pop-up randomly when accessing a site, but hitting refresh seems to always fix it, and it loads after that.

Setup:

• Latest firmware on both devices.

• TP-Link Archer 10 router.

• Connected to TP-Link AC2600 Wifi Extender (RE650).

Here is the odd behavior that I have now tested 2-3 times:

• The iPhones are connected to "HomeWifi_EXT" network, coming off of the TP-Link AC2600 Extender.

• Let's say if I cannot load reddit.com on my iPhone when on the HomeWifi_EXT network, I can log-off, and log-in to the "HomeWiFI" network (main one, not the _EXT one).

• When on there, reddit.com will load just fine.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Intermittent sites won't load on iPhone+_EXT network, works fine on iPhone+main network
2021-08-23 07:06:59

@cabbage556  Hello,

Thank you for your detailed post, may I know does laptop work stable when connected to Ext_WiFi? You could try some suggestion here:

1. Please confirm your RE650 V1 is the on the latest firmware first: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re650/v1/#Firmware

2. Turn off Smart Connect feature on the tp-link router

3. Does both WiFi Leds are still On on the range extender when this happens? If so,  kindly try suggestion on this thread and let us if it helps: 
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272398

May I know the model and IOS version of your iPhones? How about the  network topology, is it   Archer A10 router  <wireless >RE650 < wireless >  iPhones and laptops?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 1