WA855 Only keeps settings for one day. Drops everything and reverts to factory settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WA855 Only keeps settings for one day. Drops everything and reverts to factory settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-23 19:34:43
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have my extender configured to use as an extra Ethernet hookup for my camera. The only thing I plug into the extender is the camera dock. Worked flawlessly for year. Now--I have to use the Tether program to set up the WA855--every morning. I have to set my iPhone app to the TP_EXTENDER network; log onto the extender and then have the extender re-join the house WiFi.

I have not changed any settings in the last year---worked fine until we went on vacation for a week and came home and the camera dock no longer works. (It is not a defective camera dock as I also cannot use my iPhone or laptop to get onto the WA855 extended network any more either).

Have reset/rejoined network over a two dozen times since June.

I have tried resetting WA855 to factory settings...nothing seems to work.. Any ideas??

Options
1 Reply
Re:WA855 Only keeps settings for one day. Drops everything and reverts to factory settings
2021-08-25 09:36:37 - last edited 2021-08-25 09:37:32

@Bmcgnh  Hello, 

1. Please confirm the firmware is up-to-date , may I now the firmware or build number of your TL-WA855RE

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa855re/v4/

2. Try a different wall socket for RE

If you set up a different SSID from the default one, and see if range extender will goes back to default Range Extender SSID again? Or does the Log go back the original data every time you login range extender? 

May I know was there any power Outage or thunderstorm or firmware update failure that caused this issue, as the unit sounds a hardware defect on the extender. 

Thanks for confirming the details in advance. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 1