Cant connect aux. mesh M5 units to Main M5 Unit hard-wire connected to Router via ethernet cable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant connect aux. mesh M5 units to Main M5 Unit hard-wire connected to Router via ethernet cable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-23 22:15:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently upgraded my home WiFi to Verizon 5G Home Gateway (Router).  I have several other systems in the house that will ONLY function on a 2.4GHz system, so I'm trying to connect the same Deco M5 system I had on the old router to the new router, but can only get the Main Deco M5 puck (hardwired via ethernet cable to the Router/Gateway) to torn GREEN and connect to a new 2.4 Network.  The other two (satellite / WiFi) pucks will NOT connect to the Main Puck.  What am I doing wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant connect aux. mesh M5 units to Main M5 Unit hard-wire connected to Router via ethernet cable.
2021-08-24 06:19:31

@Deacon_3 

Hi, what are the LED on the satellite Deco, red or blinking blue?

When you changed the new router, did you reset the main Deco and set it up again with the new router, or just unplug it from the old one and plug it into the new router?

If it was the first case, you might need to reset the satellite units and add them again via Deco APP:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1588/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 1