X90 Randomly Dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-23 22:40:35
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi,

I am having issues with my Deco network. I originally purchased the two pack for my new home. Everything worked great, but the coverage on the house was spotty. The house is fairly large and has a bit of an odd shape so two access points seemed insufficient. I purchased second two-pack and added them to my network. Since then, I have had constant drop outs on my mobile devices. Mostly apple devices, but also few android and smart home ones. They seem to remain connected to the network, but no internet. After about 10-15s, the disconnect from the network and reconnect and then it seems to work again for a bit. Cycle repeats. 

I have tried swapping out main deco, resetting to factory, no FW updates available, addind one deco after another, turning off beam forming and fast roaming. All of that resets the network and works for a bit and then drop out happen again. This only started after adding the additional two decos. It almost looks like the device is trying to swap between networks and/or deco nodes constantly. I also had a few deco's randomly restart.

Any advice would be helpful as at 1200 CAD for the two packs its hard to have non-functioning wifi.

Options
8 Reply
Re:X90 Randomly Dropping connection
2021-08-24 06:42:03

@Mordechai01 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Currently, if only leaving the previous two X90 packs, would the disconnection improve a little bit?

Were most of the unstable devices connected to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

If we tried to enable the guest network for 5ghz only, and connect most of the Apple devices to the guest network, will the internet connection get much stable?

And please also try to turn off the Mesh technology on mobile devices.

Options
2021-08-24 15:59:06

@TP-Link 

I have removed one of the two new decos completely and so far the dropouts have decreased. Maybe that one is faulty, should I try to get a refund with Amazon for that one? Right now the coverage is naturally worse and the speed is a fraction of what it should be (ranging from 0.5mb to 25mb on what is supposed to be at least 300mb connection). I will try the guest network at 5ghz. One question though, would not disabling mesh on the mobile devices be counterproductive? As those devices are meant to be the ones that roam the house?

Options
2021-08-25 01:17:31

@Mordechai01 

Hi, sometimes, Mesh will let devices keep roaming between different nodes though they could have a decent signal on any of them. And during this time, there might be a noticeable drop-out.

So temporarily turning off the Mesh could help exclude the possibility of roaming.

And I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

Since you also mentioned the speed is getting worse now, so Did all the mobile devices have this unstable speed, on 2.4ghz or 5ghz, even both?

Previously using the 4 nodes of X90, even though the internet stability suffers, the speed is still quite fast, right?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-25 15:31:38

@TP-Link 

Hi, thank you for your answer. I would welcome a senior engineer consult as well, thank you. In terms of your questions, yes all the mobile devices had unstable speeds on both bandwiths. And using 4 nodes, while the connection lasted I did have 250mbs+ connection speed.

Options
2021-12-14 21:12:35

@Mordechai01 

I'm having the same problem. I have two deco devices and I see my connection getting dropped at least 10 times om a day.

Options
2021-12-15 02:19:41

@jsreddy 

Hi, welcome to the community.
For your case, before I forward it to the senior engineers and could you please help me get the following information:
1. May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of the provider cable modem/gateway?
2. Did you notice any Deco turn red when the connection dropped out?
3. How did you restore the connection usually, rebooting the Deco or it would come back automatically?
Please also have a look at the private message for further assistance.
Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-15 14:22:23
Hi, Here are the details: 1. May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of the provider cable modem/gateway?AT&T and the cable modem model: BGW210-700 2. Did you notice any Deco turn red when the connection dropped out? Nope, I kinda looked at it but it stayed green only. 3. How did you restore the connection usually, rebooting the Deco or it would come back automatically? It is automatic, comes back in 15 to 30 seconds.
Options
2021-12-16 01:30:59

@jsreddy 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.
I noticed that the Arris BGW210-700 is also a DSL wireless router, so did you change Arris to bridge mode and set up Deco  X90 under wireless router mode, or you have set up both Arris and Deco X90 under wireless router mode?
Would you please also reply to the email with a picture of the Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 settings page?
And Since Deco is always solid green which means it still considered itself connected to the Arris gateway, so I wonder if all your wireless and Ethernet clients have an unstable connection?
Would turning off the fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP help or not?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1135

Replies: 8