TPLink Archer AX11000, Version 1.6 (on bottom of router) - Slow Download Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 19:49:34
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

First of all, on the bottom of the router, the version says 1.6, but when I login to my router it says the version is 1.0.

My issue is my download speeds are terribly slow when I login to the router and test it.  Yes, and like all other support recommendations I have found, I have manually set the QoS to 1000 MBS up and down, turned off any priority, etc.  None of it makes ANY difference.  I have service with Comcast and I can get 960 MBs down and 40 MBs up when I test it using Speedtest.  However, once I am logged into the router, My speeds drop to 150 MBs - 200 MBs.  Upload registers at 40 MBs.

I have Googled these issues and see that there are NUMEROUS complaints from users with this very same issue and nothing the TPLink support folks recommends works (it seems to be some cut and paste response).

I did not have this issue on my ASUS GT-AC5300 router.  I only bought the TPLink router because it had WI-FI 6 and the same number of ethernet ports (8).  I run wired ethernet connections and cannot get any download speeds out of this router.

Then there is the suspicious and conflicting hardware versions.  The one on the bottom of the router says 1.6, but the software reportrs 1.0.  Which is it?  I am going to return this to Costco if I can get this issue resolved.

I have not seen one satisfactory response from TPLink addressing this.

TPLink please address this and tell me if there is a solution to it.

Anybody else having this same issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TPLink Archer AX11000, Version 1.6 (on bottom of router) - Slow Download Speeds
2021-08-30 05:41:07

@Hawke 

Hello, are you talking about the built-in Speedtest on the router web GUI? If yes, we can confirm that the built-in speedtest server on the router may not be the best to achieve the desired speed, and we cannot choose a server manually, so the speedtest result may not be good as expected.

However, this doesn't affect the actual speed you can achieve on the devices connected to the network, you can do simple tests by connecting a computer to the router with an Ethernet cable, then run speedtest app on the computer, if that speed is normal, which means you are getting the correct speed provided by Comcast.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 519

Replies: 1

Related Articles