Deco X60s and D-Link switches clarification

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-30 20:31:00
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

Hello,

I just purchased a Deco X60 and have set it up in my house.  Overall I am reasonably happy with how things work, but I have some minor issues that hopefully I can sort out shortly.  I read the Deco's use IEEE 1905.1 protocol for the backhaul.  I have wired ethernet backhauls, but I do have a couple of D-Link switches in the network.  These are not in the direct path of connectivity between the manager and the worker AP's.

Will just the presence of D-Link switches anywhere in the network cause instability?  I have a lot of issues during the day when the worker AP's suddenly start blinking red but then connection comes back on in a few seconds.  My internet connection is stable and the manager AP/router is stable all along. 

Should I just banish all D-Link switches to have a more robust network?

Thank you!

NJTechie

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X60s and D-Link switches clarification
2021-08-31 02:36:26

@njtechie 

Hi, it is suggested that you could replace the D-Link switch with something else.

We have such feedback before that D-link switches have trouble forwarding the IEEE 1905.1 packets, which might cause network instability.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Q4

Options
2021-08-31 09:41:44 - last edited 2021-08-31 09:42:37

@TP-Link 

hello I wanted to know if all d-link switches have to be replaced even if they are not in the path of the x60 access points?  Does just the presence of one of these switches causes the network to be unstable?  

Options
2021-09-01 02:06:41

@njtechie 

Hi, it would be better if you could send a picture of your network topology with the switches so that we could decide together which one needs to be replaced.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 690

Replies: 3