"Device is Offline" but it really isn't

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-31 18:19:33
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210322 Rel 78926

I have many Kasa smart plugs and switches on my LAN. Two of the devices show in the Deco app as Offline although the Kasa app shows them online and will switch them or read current energry usage from one of them. How should I get the Deco app to show those two Online again?

One device is a KP115 smart plug (firmwareversion 1.0.17), the other is an HS220 dimmer switch (FW ver 1.0.5). Neither device has a static address, both appear when I use another tool to scan the LAN.

Options
2 Reply
Re:"Device is Offline" but it really isn't
2021-08-31 18:41:20

@Don.M I have the same problem with my printer.  My computer says it is offline, I can no longer print or scan, but every other indicator is that it is online.  If I restart my computer, it will come back online.  Sometimes it pops back online on its own after an hour or two.  

Options
Re:"Device is Offline" but it really isn't
2021-09-01 02:01:47

@Don.M 

Hi, I see that there are several Kasa smart devices under your TP-Link ID and could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of these two Kasa devices?

Please also refer to the following suggestions to have a look:

1. Delete these two devices from the Deco APP>Devices list>Offline.

2. Reboot these two devices and check whether they would appear as online devices.

Thank you very much.

Options