Automated Network Optimization - Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-01 17:26:03
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

I love my Deco X60 system and came from eero.  I have it hardwired for ethernet backhaul and it's been terrifically stable and performs very well.  Wondering if there are future plans to automate or at least be able to schedule the Network Optimization feature?  I don't know if my network's not optimized until I go in and check, and then have to manually optimize.  One of your competitors (eero, who I came to TPlink from) automatically optimizes.  It would be a great improvement if this could be automated.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Automated Network Optimization - Deco
2021-09-02 02:09:34

@Stevo63 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

We have the same feedback before and it has been reported to the senior engineers.

Currently, it is still under discussion and has not been accepted yet.

Options
2021-10-29 15:59:49

@TP-Link 

Please add this feature. It would help me a lot keeping my network at its best performance.

Options
2022-02-15 20:03:21

@TP-Link I agree! This would be a great feature to run every day, as I've had a few instances of network congestion and after optimizing the network everything works fine.

Options
2022-06-24 10:50:15
Yes please!
Options
2022-06-30 15:09:13

@Stevo63 I just went looking today to see if the Alexa skill allows a routine that would optimize the netowrk as programed.  It seems optimization is not an Alexa command.  If they would consider adding it we could ask Alexa to run as needed or program to run regularly from there.  I hope this can happen.

Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 2254

Replies: 5

Related Articles