WiFi Detective or WiFi DeFective?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-04 21:27:05 - last edited 2021-09-06 03:08:05

Running the WiFi Detective scanner I am consistently notified there are 2 "extra"  devices on my Network. One is named Generic and the other is not named at all. I verify the MAC addresses of all but the Generic one. The no named one is an authorized device but the Generic one , well , I can't find it anywhere. We are 17 miles from the nearest neighbor so I'm Stumped! The odd thing is that the other devices are named like S8, Kindle, LG tv but to be named Generic? What is the difference between a no named device that is  deemed Generic in the description and one named GENERIC? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi Detective or WiFi DeFective?
2021-09-06 03:51:54

@JSpoon 

Hi, may I know the model number of your Deco?

For these two extra devices, you could check whether they are satellite Deco units?

The Generic devices are those whose network type is Other could not be detected by Deco.

As for the no-name device, I guess its network type is detected but the hostname is unclear and could you please send me a screenshot of the no-name device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Related Articles