Connecting several DECOs (more than 3)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-05 13:34:55
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have no the 3 units setup in my 2 floors hows and it provides pretty good coverage, but...

I wanna add additional units, one per every chamber so there will be no quality-drops at all plus every room will be wired connection => max speed.

So far the connection is as following, all in access point mode:

• Main unit, wired to the ISP router
  • Middle floor unit - wirelessly connected to the main one
  • Second floor unit wired connected to the main one (to the second port)

The changes I am planning:

• to wire the middle floor unit. Question: what would be the recommended connection here
    • wire to the second floor's unit?
    • put a switch on the main unit second port and have the middle unit and second floor unit connected to the main one through the switch?
  • if I add 2-3 additional units to rest of the rooms:
    • should I wire them in kinda sequential mode so it will create like a line of units OR
    • is better to have all the units connected to a switch that will be connected to main unit second port? OR
    • it doesn't matter what unit feeds whom, as long as they are wired to the second port of each other?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting several DECOs (more than 3)
2021-09-06 06:58:20

@TalCh 

Hi, having a switch behind the main Deco would be better than connecting Deco one by one:

Options
Re:Connecting several DECOs (more than 3)
2021-09-07 09:03:15

@TP-Link 

Thanks, will keep this in mind

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 2