Periodically Restart Decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 00:35:29
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.9.6

Except for occasional power outages, I imagine most of the users are keeping the Decos running 24X7.

A recent experience prompted me to ask this question. One of the tablet has been connecting to 4 IP cams so I can monitor around the house. Last week, one of the cam's kept showing error messages about not being able to connect. However, I could connect to it via my iPhone without any problem and restarting this tablet would not help (it used to help). After trying many different ways, it finally hit me that why not restart the Deco's near that IP cam? I did that and sure enough, it seemed to clear whatever the blockage that used to be there and I was able to see videos from all cams. So, does it mean it might be a good practice to restart Decos once in a while? If so, is there a way to do so through the Deco app? Appreciate those who can shed some light or share similar experience. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Periodically Restart Decos
2021-09-06 05:37:16

@BenLin 

Hi, To regularly restart the Deco does have some benefits, such as manually refreshing the CPU load in case of overload.

As for how to reboot Deco on the APP, please refer to this link:

Options
2021-09-08 20:40:51

Thanks for the response. I have used the Reboot option before without any issues. However, I was hoping for a scheduled restart that user can pick to restart like mid-night every Sunday or 1st Monday of the month, etc. Vaguely remember Deco can work with Alexa, would it be possible to set up such from Alexa or Google Assistant, etc. since this does not appear to be an option with the Deco App. Cheers!

Options
2021-09-09 01:34:36

@BenLin 

Hi, the reboot schedule is planned to be added to firmware 1.6.0.

Deco supports voice command via Alexa but the reboot is not included.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 3