Deco S4's issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco S4's issue?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco S4's issue?
Deco S4's issue?
2021-09-11 20:16:55
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey there so I was having problems with my decos and the wifi speed but I have gotten that fixed. And the issue was one of the deco's was bad, and when I swapped it out my wifi went back to normal? Will this happen to all my decos or am I just unlucky and it will least likely not happen again?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco S4's issue?
2021-09-13 06:13:38

@Xijinping 

Hi, Did you mean that after setting the second unit as the main Deco, and leave the old main unit as the satellite Deco, now the speed of the whole mesh kit is back to normal? 

If only by swapping the location, the speed is back to normal, the speed issue might also be temporarily fixed by a restart, not the hardware, in which case, it might happen again.

And I also noticed that one of your S4 is on firmware 1.5.0 and the other is on 1.4.3.

Was the 1.5.0 Deco the old main Deco and now you replace it with the 1.4.3 unit as the main Deco?

Options
Re:Deco S4's issue?
2021-09-13 15:43:10

@TP-Link No what I did is I removed my main deco and set up an extra one that I had, also I check out the updates it said that everything was updated?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 824

Replies: 2

Related Articles