Upgrade to Deco X90?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upgrade to Deco X90?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Upgrade to Deco X90?
Upgrade to Deco X90?
2021-09-13 21:52:56
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a current Deco M5 mesh network, made up of six units, four of them in our 2-story home and two in an outbuilding (a large metal-sided shop). They provide decent service for our needs, overall. We recently upgraded our Internet sevcice with Spectrum to 400 Mbps, and tomorrow I'll be upgrading my Spectrum provided cable modem to a Motorola MB8611 modem.

I'm considering upgrading two of the M5 units to Deco X90 units, with one of them being the primary router for the entire mesh network. We do a lot of video streaming, MMO gaming, web browsing, music streaming, file sharing via a NAS, Internet connected video cameras and have quite a few IoT devices. All of our computers and phones are relativly current models.

Simple question - will I see better WiFi speeds, capacity and lower ping times with the X90 units? Will it be worth the cost of the upgrade, or should I just keep riding the M5 units?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Mark

Options
1 Reply
Re:Upgrade to Deco X90?
2021-09-14 01:52:53

@LazyBrewer 

Hi,  I could not give you an accurate response.

But here are some information that might help you make the final decision.

1. Deco X90 does not have HomeCare anymore and It uses HomeShield.

2. The advanced features on the Deco X90, like WPA3, Wi-Fi 6 would not sync to Deco M5 in the same Mesh.

Thank you very much.

Options