Deco M9 Plus internet speeds crash requires reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-22 11:47:09 - last edited 2021-09-22 11:51:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210309 Rel 36309

I have used the Deco and been very happy for about 18 months.  But in the last couple of weeks it has been losing internet connectivity.  The internet speed into Deco has been fine (200Mbps plus) but devices (Homepods, TV, Phones, Laptops) have struggled due to extremely low speeds to the devices.

Over the last weekend I updated the firmware to 1.5.3 but the issue seems to persist.  The new firmware has a Network Optimisation function.  After the issue occurred a couple of nights back I ran this, it said optimisation was required, which I did but it did not resolve the issue.  I checked the speed to the Deco, which was fast (200Mbps plus) yet I wasn't able to even run a speed test on my phone... the connection was so slow.  I did a reboot and everything was resolved.  Speed test on my phone was back to 200Mbps plus.

Some notes: I was in the same room as the Main Deco unit when I did the speed test on my phone.  The TV and Deco unit are very close (Deco is below the TV in the same room).  Both the TV and my phone were connected to the Main Deco unit.  There is a second Deco on the other side of the house with (admitedly) poor signal from the Main Deco unit.

Why am I having to reboot almost daily?

Thanks for any help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus internet speeds crash requires reboot
2021-09-24 06:06:07

@GarethL 

Hi, Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. change the DNS server on the Deco to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

2. Please disable QoS and high-priority devices if there are any.

3.change a different Deco as the main Deco unit.

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

And May I know how often did you reboot to recover the speed?

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus internet speeds crash requires reboot
2021-09-26 13:08:12

@TP-Link thanks for the suggestions. I have done what you said. However after changing the main Deco I was unable to connect to the network or when I could there was no internet. I tried a couple of times and ended up keeping the original main Deco the same. 

in the last 2 days I have had to reboot once a day. Hopefully these changes will improve matters. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 2