“No Internet” issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

“No Internet” issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
“No Internet” issue
“No Internet” issue
2021-09-24 02:55:40
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Often on our devices I get a "No Internet" warning. This happens quite a lot.  My phone just had this happen. I tried to run Speed Test from the phone and it couldn't find the server. However I launched the Tether app and could connect to the router.  I was able to run Speedtest on the router and had a good connection and speed. I'm on the latest firmware. I also have the RE505 extender connected with One Mesh. This issue happens to just about all our devices and only affects a few or one at a time. Rebooting the router seems to fix it. I pretty tired of having to do this so often. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:“No Internet” issue
2021-09-29 07:12:05

@Scott180 

Please confirm the device is connected to the main AX6000 network or connected to the extender's when it displays the "No Internet" warning. Try to unplug the extender to monitor if the internet connection on the main AX6000 itself is stable.

Additionally, confirm again what are the devices that gave you that warning, are all the devices that using the internet will display a "No Internet" warning? Or that only happens on some specific devices, what are they?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-29 13:19:15

@Kevin_Z 

the device I have the most trouble with is my windows 10 laptop but it affects all devices. iPhones, Apple TV, MacBooks. 

and it doesn't seem to matter which TP link device it's connected to. The Apple TV is 10' from the AX6000 for instance. 

Options
2021-09-29 14:06:07
Just to follow up on this, I was on my phone and lost connection again. I checked Tether and at first both devices showed up (RE505, AX6000), but then the 6000 was not found. I had to reboot it to get internet back. I've already had the AX6000 replaced once. But it still seems to be the issue.
Options
2021-09-30 02:18:02

@Scott180 

May I know who is your ISP? When the devices disconnect from the internet, is the LED on the AX6000 orange or blue? If the LED is always blue, but the devices still disconnects randomly, please try to disable the Smart Connection, use a different wireless channel on the AX6000, change channel width to 40MHz for the 5G and 20MHz for the 2.4G, change wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the router and reconnect, check again if the issue persists.

I will still suggest you confirm if the issue locates on the main AX6000 or the RE505X, then we can investigate accordingly. You can simply unplug the RE505X for some time, test the wireless connection of the AX6000 to see if the connection is stable.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-30 11:49:09 - last edited 2021-09-30 11:49:44

@Kevin_Z 

the led remains blue.  Running Speedtest from the ax6000 works while other devices are disconnected. When a device disconnects, other devices are still connected. It's not like they all drop at the same time. It's one at a time but random as to which one and when. 

Spectrum is our ISP

Options
2021-09-30 13:08:41

I have the settings as you mentioned.  Smart Connect is off.  I just changed the 5G to 40Mhz bandwidth.  The security settings also match your recommendation.  I'm using channel 6 and 157 for 2G/5G  

@Scott180 

Options
2021-10-08 07:53:07

@Scott180 

If that is the case, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1203

Replies: 7

Related Articles