DDNS Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DDNS Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DDNS Issue
DDNS Issue
2021-09-24 04:18:04 - last edited 2021-09-26 02:34:25
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in rural Texas and have a wireless broadband ISP.  My understanding of the current ISP setup is that they have a tower with a router and a single public IP that they share among multiple homes.  I'm trying to use my Deco Mesh setup with Dynamic DNS to access my NAS server setup.  I've forwarded several ports and tried to access it via the web, ssh, ftp and have no luck.  Is there a solution to access my NAS?  I do understand that the ISP's tower router does not allow port forwarding, but I was hoping with TP-Link's DDNS, I could access my router over the web and wouldn't need the middle router to port forward.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:DDNS Issue
2021-09-26 06:32:18

@brandonros 

Hi, have you checked the IPv4 address on the Deco APP the same as the public IP address you have?

If Deco got a private IP from the ISP tower router, You might need to open ports on the ISP tower router for Deco as well or set up Deco under access point mode.

Options
2021-09-27 18:27:14

@TP-Link 

I have checked the IP address on the Deco app and it uses the IP address of the tower router instead of the public IP (192.168.1.1).

I'll try the access point mode, but unfortunately, my ISP told me they can't open ports for me on their tower.  So I was hoping the Deco DDNS could bypass the need for open ports.  I can access my Wyze security cameras just fine, but I'm not sure what tech Wyze uses to reach them. 

Thanks

Options
2021-09-28 02:06:51

@brandonros 

Hi, DDNS will not bypass the need for open ports.

I searched on the Wyze security cameras forum and its remote access seemed based on the APP, like most of the cloud cameras and no need to open the ports on home routers.

Maybe you could have a look at this link:

https://forums.wyzecam.com/t/remote-access/6685

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 3

Related Articles