One of the Deco X20 mesh units periodically dropping internet connections to clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One of the Deco X20 mesh units periodically dropping internet connections to clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-26 19:39:09
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

The hardware version is V1.2

Your dropdown for the version number didn't include the minor version number

I had an issue where one of the sattelite units was not allowing a steady connection.  Apparently, sometimes it would drop the wifi connection to the client, other times it would drop only the access to the internet.  There was no indication of any misbehavior in the Android Deco App.  This was isolated to the particular sattelite X20 by going into the Deco App and checking which X20 my tablet was connecting to as I moved throughout the house and checking for internet access.  Once I power cycled the X20 in question it started working properly.

According to the Deco app my softtware is up to date.

Has anyone seen this behavior before, and is there a better solution than power cycling when this occurs?

Is there any information on whether this would be a software or hardware problem?  Since the tablet is connecting to the X20 in question, I believe that it's a software problem, but I'm not sure.

Options
1 Reply
Re:One of the Deco X20 mesh units periodically dropping internet connections to clients
2021-09-28 02:58:41

@joely 

Hi, Have you tried to swap the location of two satellite units to see whether the unstable connection always follows the same unit?

Would this Deco turn red , or stay green all the time?

How many Deco X20 do you have and how are they connected to the main X20, wireless, or Ethernet cables?

Please also turn off the Mesh technology on the Deco APP for the clients to see whether the instability improved.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 1

Related Articles