RE450 inside RV to serve a local network router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-02 04:08:24
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm living in an RV and using a DLink wifi router configured with DD-WRT firmware serving as my private, local network, currently on a DSL modem to get the ''outside world'.  Before that, I used to have a small DLink RE to pick up the RV Park's wifi hotspot, then fed that to t router through the cat5 cable.  That worked well, when the RV park wasn't busy (i.e. when I wasn't surrounded by those large executive coaches).  This pak recently upgraded  their WiFi with several repeaters (one is right across the roadway from my front door, only about 30', or 10m distant).  Now I want to ditch the DSL modem and set up my little network with a better range extender to use the park's WiFi, feed it to my Router, which then hosts all my local devices via WiFi.  I have all my internal stuff on my own SSID and a different range of IP addresses, to make sure my internal traffic doesn't go through the park's router, and I want a setup that I can move to another RV Park if I need to..

Now, I've forgotten what settings I need to make on this RE to make it work.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE450 inside RV to serve a local network router
2021-10-08 11:35:48

Hello @Rich_G ,

We did not know much about DDWRT firmware, but did you try to set up RE450 as a common range extender to build a network topology like this : Park public WiFi<WiFi> RE450 <Ethernet >Wifi router :

(How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP)https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/357/
(How to configure my range extender via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage (new logo)?https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/

Is the Park WiFi a Portal wifi ? (authentication page pops when connected to a portal WiFi) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 1

Related Articles