Deco M9 Plus fails, but it still shows the solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-02 06:34:25
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1,5,1 Build 20210126

So, got my first real issue with my Deco M9 Plus network.

My computers started to lose internet connection, without any indications elsewhere in my network. All 3 Decos with solid green control light. After several hours with debugging and check with multiple wifi units, I have concluded that one of my Decos lose connection with the rest of the Decos, so my computers are connected to a wifi without internet connection. However, the 2 other decos are connected to internet, and I can verify that by unplugging the electricity on the malfunctioning Deco. Then my computers jump on to another Deco within reach (however with marginal wifi signal) and connects to internet.

When I plug the electricity again, also the malfunctioning Deco connects, and also provides internet to my computers and any other units. However, after less than 1 hours, it fail again, and provides wifi without internet. As the wifi is up running, the computers do not switch to the other deco because the are already connected to wifi...

I have re-started several times. I run the last firmware upgrade. What can I do?

Best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus fails, but it still shows the solid green light
2021-10-08 06:28:50

@IamThor 

Hi, may I know how long have you had the M9 plus and when did this issue start?

Could you please swap the location of this unit with another satellite to see the disconnection follows the Deco or the location?

Have you tried to factory reset this unit by holding the reset pinhole for 1s and add it again via Deco APP?

If it was always the same Deco, there might be something wrong with the hardware of this unit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 624

Replies: 1