What does "Standard" do in QOS app settings? does it move all application priorities up to middle?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What does "Standard" do in QOS app settings? does it move all application priorities up to middle?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-02 13:43:37 - last edited 2021-10-02 13:45:46
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901(5553)

Two questions:

1) I am wondering what the standard qos setting exactly means, does it prioritize one of the applications/activities over others (gaming, streaming, chatting, surfing, downloading over others?).  In other words, if I go to custom and put everything on the middle level, does that do the same as traditional? 

Or is traditional its own unique configuration/balance?

2) Also a follow-up, if on custom i put everything on maximum, is that the same thing as putting everything in middle in the sense that all prioritzed the same extent, or does all application being on "Normal" versus "Maximum scale" make a difference in theory and practice?  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 0