M4 is too slow for my 800MPS service. I can upgrade to X90 but can I still use the M4 as well

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4 is too slow for my 800MPS service. I can upgrade to X90 but can I still use the M4 as well

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-15 14:32:16 - last edited 2021-10-15 14:33:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Here's my situation. I have the M4 mesh in my home. This doesn't support the higher speed of 800MPS I have coming in and is causing quality issues in the signal for streaming (xfinity). I can upgrade to the M90, which is fine, but can I also use my M4 without conflict for low latency applications?  I assume yes I can use it but will it cause issues with the X90 network if I go that route?  Also, I have WiFi extenders and they're really not that great...could be a similar issue in the inbound speed and not handling that. So, if I bought the X90, which has two units, can I get an additional unit and add it to the network to expand the coverage even more. So X90, 2 units, +X90?  Or is there a better solution?

Options
1 Reply
Re:M4 is too slow for my 800MPS service. I can upgrade to X90 but can I still use the M4 as well
2021-10-20 11:40:21

@Reptilicus777 

Hi, if the internet bandwidth is 800m/s, a three-pack Deco M9 Plus will be more competitive considering the price and performance.

But if you prefer Wi-Fi 6, the Deco X90-3 pack Is also a better solution.

One more notice, compared with Deco M9 Plus, Deco X90 uses a new Home security system—HomeSheild.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/homeshield/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 1

Related Articles