I have an Archer A7 and I want to use the USB connection for my printer but can't figure it out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I have an Archer A7 and I want to use the USB connection for my printer but can't figure it out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-16 20:07:48 - last edited 2021-10-16 20:11:09
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20210519 rel.50574(5553)

I can't seem to get my Cannon TR8520 to work from the USB on the router! I don't see any settings for a printer. I downloaded some pc utility for USB but it didn't work. What can I do? I have 3 desktop computers on my network and want to be able to print from all! I did have it plugged in the usb of my primary computer but after the last windows update that screwed everything up! My printer is wireless but I don't want to use that function.!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:I have an Archer A7 and I want to use the USB connection for my printer but can't figure it out
2021-10-18 02:59:26

@Hotlynx16 

If you want to use the Printer Server function of the Archer A7, please downgrade the router firmware to the previous version, which is compatible with that. Check this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/273210

Options
Re:I have an Archer A7 and I want to use the USB connection for my printer but can't figure it out
2021-10-18 14:45:56

@Kevin_Z  Thank you for the reply, I found my printer has an ethernet connection also so I tried that and was able to get it to work, haven't checked scanning yet! (where is spell check here??)

Options