FE Link Speed on GE WAN Port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-21 10:19:17
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20201010 rel.49458(5553)

Hi. 

I set the operation mode of Archer C6 to AP Mode and of course some of the settings tab available on Router mode is unavailable.

I'm wondering if you could include some tweaks on System Parameters when on AP mode like how ports will negotiate. 

Because... 

My router reports 100m link speed on WAN port (the router is featured as 5-Port Gigabit).

How about LAN ports? 

Yes. They are perfectly fine on Gigabit Speed. 

Cable used?

Cat 6 less than 10 Meters. 

Have you tried other cable? 

Yes. Also Cat 6 less than 10 Meters. 

Have you tried to connect directly your PC to the main router with the same cable and port? 

Yes. And it reports 1.0Gbps link speed. 

Back story:

I can get Gigabit connection in the WAN port, same cable, same ports, yet I don't know what happened right now.

Maybe a manual negotiation would work but I want to stay in AP mode to use one NAT only.

Thank you for the help.

User from SC to HC
Options
1 Reply
Re:FE Link Speed on GE WAN Port
2021-10-27 08:15:46

@.Don 

Hello, what if you switch it to Router mode, will the WAN connection to the primary router and negotiate at 1.0Gbps? 

Can I have the model of the primary router? Try different LAN ports on the primary router to see if that makes a difference.

When did you purchase the Archer C6, and when did this issue start to happen? Try to reset it to factory defaults, reconfigure it from scratch, then check again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 1

Related Articles