Can a CPE510 be integrated into a Deco Mesh to function as a Range Extender for the mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can a CPE510 be integrated into a Deco Mesh to function as a Range Extender for the mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-24 20:46:32 - last edited 2021-10-24 20:47:59
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

I have a customer using M5 and M7 nodes. They are in need of a longer distance Wi-Fi connection. Can I add a CPE510, configured in Repeater "Range Extender" mode,  to add a long distance Wi-Fi Lobe to the Mesh.  Or can I use Bridge mode to connect to another M5 in the distance, say 300M? Or will any use of the CPE devices totally mess with the Deco Mesh? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can a CPE510 be integrated into a Deco Mesh to function as a Range Extender for the mesh?
2021-10-25 07:04:13

@DAServices 

Hi, it is more suggested that you could set up an AP-Client bridge via CPE, like:

Deco---<wired>--CPE in Access point mode~~~~300M~~~~~~~CPE in client mode---<wired>---other devices.

Options
Re:Can a CPE510 be integrated into a Deco Mesh to function as a Range Extender for the mesh?
2021-10-25 15:38:35

@TP-Link 

Thanks. 

That is the config that I ended up using, just wanted to confirm that was the best or only option. 

When I tried adding the CPE as a Range Extender, the Deco Mesh began to become unstable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 883

Replies: 2